Sunday, February 22, 2009

New photo- I'm showing myself again :)

I find it hard to post pictures of myself since I don't like my weight right now, but I did get a couple of nice photos I took of myself recently. I've never had a good sense of self-esteem, but every once in a while I get a surge of creativity and hopefullness that I will get a reasaonable photo of myself.

For months now I've let my comments and photos of flowers or other things be the introduction to me. Now I guess I'm feeling brave enough to post a pick of me on my blog and in my profile so that wherever I leave my comments, people can "see" who wrote them. As if blogging wasn't enough to expose yourself. Put a face to your comments and it takes on new meaning. I was just wondering how you felt about it. Is it easy for you to put your face on your profile, or do you have a hard time with it like I do?

8 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

Considering how difficult it is for me to take my own picture, physically, I don't have many to choose from. Your picture looks nice, Julie.

Amy

Heidi C. said...

I love your picture Julie,
you are beautiful!

kg said...

Good for you!

kg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

I also have a hard time having my picture on my profile. I keep pictures of when I was a bit thinner so its not so hard for me to look at. I think you are very pretty! I look forward to the day that I can have a picture and be happy with it.

Andrea said...

Hi Julie, I am finally commenting on your blog... and I would like to thank you (very belatedly) for all your great comments on mine. I especially appreciated your insight into your work with T.Y.
Your kids seem great, and good job being brave enough to post your pic! It looks great too!

Julie said...

Thanks everyone! All of you have given my self esteem a boost! I also appreciate that when I share my deeper feelings, you listen and are willing to show you care. I love blogging!!!!

Ditto Family said...

Great profile shot!