Sunday, September 6, 2009

College Update

I was sooo happy and surprised when I found out I got a B+ in my Intermediate Algebra class and an A in my English class. Both classes were intensive, but the English class was a seven week course. Of course moving and dealing with many other issues was one of the reasons I didn't even dream of pulling off anything but a B- or less in math. What a self-esteem booster!

Now I'm in College Algebra/Trigonometry and English 2010. So far the math is just review for me, but for others it is harder since they haven't had math for a while. I guess my last math teacher taught us a few things beyond what she needed too, which is helping me now in the harder class. I just thought some of you would appreciate an update on how my schooling was going. I need to spend some time doing my homework now. Take care!

4 comments:

The Gatherums said...

great job. It sounds like your math teacher was excellent.

Ditto Family said...

Way to go!!! Keep plugging along. The reward will be great in the end.

Andrea said...

Julie,

I just read your blog for the first time in awhile (too long!) and wanted to say I'm very sorry about your seperation / divorce. Please know that you now have one more person thinking of you! It sounds like school is going great -- that is wonderful! I'm also glad that your parents are there with you. I admire your hard work and effort during this time.

Andrea S.

CJ said...

Good job! I have no desire to go back to school, unless it is Culinary School. But, I am proud of you and your success. Keep up the good work.