Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Blossoms a-plenty

Popcorn Popping by Moiselle Renstrom
I looked out the window, and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise,
Blossoms popping right before my eyes.
I could take an armful and make a treat,
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.
It wasn't really so, but it seemed to be
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
- Children's Song Book pg. 242

This tree is in our mini-orchard and is a Shiro Plum tree. I love how you can get lost looking up through the branches into the beautiful sky. I also love how there are hundreds of blossoms clinging to each branch. This tree literally puts on a cloth of flowers each spring!

This is a variety of ornamental weeping cherry that is in our neighbors front yard.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You're photos are really beautiful and I can tell you're really enjoying your new camers! It's so great to have gorgeous flowers bloom finally. It's been a very long winter!

Love, Mom