Friday, December 5, 2008

The House My Parents Have Bought

This is the house my parents have bought in Utah. It is located in West Point which is about 40 minutes north of Salt Lake City. My Dad found it while searching utahrealestate.com which has listing for most of the houses for sale in Utah. I went to check it out for them and was really impressed with what I saw. I took pictures that night when I saw it for the first time. Then I went back the next day to see it in the light and took outdoor pictures. This house interested my parents so much that the day after Thandgiving they drove out to look at it. After a couple of days of looking at other properties, they realized this house is the one they wanted. Coincidently, the owners are almost finished with their other house they are building and so the timing is perfect. My parents are scheduled to move in on the 22nd of December!

As you can see it is a very well kept house and the man who currently lives there with his family built it. He put in a lot of extras since he is a contractor. He also has an ongoing christmas light duel with a neighbor so the outside is well stocked with outlets. The landscaping is well done with drip lines going to all of the plants.

The parking area is huge with room for both my parents boat and RV. The huge storage shed at the back has two lofts for storage and will hold the riding lawnmower.

You can fit four cars across this parking area. Good thing since my parents have three cars and they expect family to visit often!

The gorgeous master bath! My parents have never had a bathroom just to themselves off the master bedroom. Unless you count when us kids moved away and they had no one to share with! The entire upstairs has been professionally painted within the last year and there is a completely finished basement. There are 4 huge bedrooms, a family room, a big living room, a dining area and main floor laundry. It has two and 3/4ths bathrooms with each of them being large but the basement bath has only a walk-in shower, not a tub. There is a big office space and room for an exercise area or game area in the basement and tons of storage! The basement even has a wet bar (sink with counter space).

The house backs up to a horse pasture that is sectioned off in 1 acre parcels. This is the backyard view looking south-east across several parcels of horse property. From the front of the house, it looks residential and is a typical suburban neighborhood.

While my parents backyard is actually sort-of small, they have this view in the back. The pony and horse live behind them and come up to the back fence to be petted. They are very sweet and I am looking forward to visiting them. The current owners 4-year-old daughter feeds the horses apples. The gate opens up to the horse property and doesn't have barbed wire on the second fence.

The backyard! The enormous play structure is staying and it has a sand pit at the bottom of the slide! The trampoline will not be staying.

There is also a well made fire pit that Sydney is looking forward to roasting marshmallows in. This house will be the favorite place for the grandkids to visit! If my Mom chooses to do daycare again, it will work well for that too! I can post inside pictures after my parents move in. I just didn't want to show someone elses furnature and things for safety purposes.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I love it! I bet your parents are so excited to move into such a nice home and be close to all of you! Tell them congrats for me.

Anna's Spot said...

Oh my Julie, I love it. What a great place for your parents. Think of how the kids will be close to grandma and grandpa and how much fun they will have when they visit. I am so happy for all of you.
Hugs and Love
Anna

Anonymous said...

Awesome house! That will be so nice to live so close!!! It looks great, love the firepit!!