Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Thanksgiving 2008

Our "Tom" turkey
My pumpkin pie using pumpkin from our garden! It turned out well, but I think I prefer the taste of Libby's pumpkin better.
Our feast! Thanks to Kathrine, Ryan's sister who brought the sweet potatoes and some yummy cream cheese filled ham slices for snacking on and Kristi, my sister who brought the rolls and cooked some broccoli and cauliflower. I provided the turkey, potatoes, greenbeans, carrots, olives, pie, salad and deviled eggs! We had a great time visiting. Tyler showed Katherine his new Cello and she played for him on her guitar. We watched the new Indiana Jones movie and Kristi played games with Tyler and Sydney. Dallin spent the day being sick with a fever and the nasty "D" word. I wasn't feeling very well either since I had been up at night with Dallin and I was fighting off something. I slept on the couch after the late lunch was done. It was a great holiday for us and the food was divine! We had much to be greatful for with our family, food and a roof over our heads. What a great day to focus on our blessings!

2 comments:

Anna's Spot said...

Hi Julie,

Sounds like you had a beautiful Thanksgiving day. I hope you have been able to catch up on you sleep. I am finally getting a chance to catch up on mine. The sickness is finally leaving the house.

Hugs and Love
Anna

Angie said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Your spread looks really good:)