Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A New Job in this Economy!

If anyone is just dying to get a job, become a CNA! I was looking for a part-time job since the daycare business has been slowing considerably. Even at the main offices for Childcare Resource and Referral, they had been noticing a slow-down in people looking for childcare. In this economy, families are looking for ways to shave their budgets and childcare is one thing that gets axed. So, back to my topic of me looking for a job. I sent my resume out to three places and got one interview. Remember, I have no work experience as a CNA, just the certification and quite a bit of volunteer/real life experiences. At the interview on Tuesday, they said I was more than qualified and basically offered me a job on the spot!

I was so excited to take this opportunity as a way of getting my foot in the door in the health care industry! Usually the first job as a CNA is in a Nursing Facility and is quite the grunt work. The hours in a facility are typically eight a day and even if you get to work part-time, they make you work two-to-three eight-hour days a week and they require you work every-other weekend.

Not so with my new job! It is in the Home Health field and so I will go to clients homes and perform the needed services. I can accept as many clients as I want or just keep the two that I am starting with. So far my hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday for about 4-5 hours a day! Just perfect for me and my family! The company I work for now is called Home Caregivers Home Health and their web site is very nice. Check it out by clicking on the name!

My parents have been a huge help by watching Dallin until I find a good daycare setting for him. Now that he is two, it will be almost like going to preschool. He misses his buddy that I used to watch. His little buddy used to come everyday for 4hours. We miss you Worsley family! So now he can play with other kids his age while I pursue a little work experience. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but I have a feeling it is down this road of health care- somewhere!

7 comments:

kg said...

Congratulations!

Mama Nirvana said...

Sounds like a great job, Julie. Good luck!

Amy

Anna's Spot said...

Healthcare is always the way to go. Jobs never seem to fade. I use to be a travelling OR nurse which allowed you to make huge amounts of money and have your apartment paid for while you worked in cities that needed you. It is easier if you are single for that lifestyle but none-the-less. I would never get rid of my nursing license.
Have a beautiful day and congratulations on the job :)
Anna

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on the new job and hopefully it all works out! Braxton misses you guys also. He asks when he gets to play with Dallin so maybe we can one day set up a play group for them!! You new job sounds awesome hopefully it all works for the best!! Good Luck on your new Health Care adventure!!

Heidi C. said...

You will be such a great CNA. I enjoyed it when I worked as a CNA. I did work in a nursing home, but I loved it. I think home health is the better way to go and way more flexible with a family.

Heidi said...

Congrats Julie. I'm really excited for you.

Anonymous said...

It's fun to look at your blog! Thanks for visiting me today. :)