Thursday, November 1, 2007

Our Halloween

Okay, so here is our first family photo in months! We went to Ryan's work in downtown Salt Lake City after school got out. This proved to be the best place for us to trick-or-treat because there was no crowds, tons of candy, and it was indoors w/lighting. Even our church trunk-or-treat on Saturday couldn't compare to that! Don't you love Tyler's costume! He worked for quite a while with Ryan to earn half of this costume and earned enough to buy the storm-trooper gun and pay tithing! Talk about dedication! Then, here's the kicker- after trick-or-treating in SLC and then being stuck in traffic on the way home, HE DIDN"T WANT TO GO TRICK-OR-TREATING IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!! He handed out candy at the front door not wearing his costume. That's okay with me because I know we will still see this storm-trooper running around the neighborhood chasing his friend who likes to dress up as well. Maybe this ST will even wield a lightsaber or two. You'll never see that in the movies!

Oh yeah don't you love my purple stethoscope! I got that during my CNA class to practice taking blood pressure. We've actually used it a few times at home along with my blood pressure cuff. Next I want an otoscope to check out our ears! Scrubs are NOT flattering- especially with post-baby fat ;)

Downtown SLC. It was exteemly bright as you can see from Dallin's face.

IS IT A BEAR, OR ANOTHER DOG??

Nope, just Dallin! He loves this puppy costume.

Stuck in traffic on the way home, I decided to get a picture of the green hills just outside SLC. The sky was beautiful! When we finally made it home, it was about 6:30 pm. Luckily I had set the bread machine to make dough for pizza before we went to SLC. All we had to do was spread the sauce, sprinkle cheese and preheat the oven. Sydney made her dough into a ghost shape! During this time Ryan was answering the door with Tyler and Dallin. Soon the pizza was done and Sydney hooked up with a friend to go door-to-door. What a fun evening!

5 comments:

Meta said...

fun to see your family - you've definitely caught the blogging bug! :)

cute story about the costume and tithing!

Mama Nirvana said...

I meant to post this a while ago, but Julia you are so pretty -- no discussions of fat! You have aged very well.

Amy

Mama Nirvana said...

I mean "Julie" -- I think I'm in a habit of putting an "a" on the end instead of an "e" because of my sister.

Sorry.

Amy

kg said...

Fun to see these Julie, I agree you look as young as ever! :)

Ditto Family said...

Great family picture!!