Thursday, November 15, 2007

Time for a Change....

Today I want to get my hair cut. I've been wanting too for a couple of weeks but have been having a hard time deciding what to do with it. I also want to put highlights in it again but I don't want to take three hours and have someone babysitting Dallin during all that time. I've decided that I will break up the appointment and just get it cut. I hope they will let me do that! Otherwise I'll wait until next month to get it highlighted. I asked some of the girls at our weekly young women's night how I should get my hair done. One of our girls suggested that I get it short in the back and spike it up. I chuckled and said that the last haircut I had- an A-line with short layers in the back, I could have spiked up but never did. I sometimes flipped it out, but didn't spike it. It has been quite a while and has since grown out. One of the leaders came over and felt my hair and suggested that since it is thick with a little wave to it, that I should not have too many layers. She suggested an A-line cut along the jaw-bone but keep it blunt. I like bob haircuts, but I look really plain with it and need some angles to look a little less matronly or freckle-faced country girlish. Any other suggestions? I can't afford a weave and don't want to go to the cosmetology schools for a cheaper price. (I've been to a couple of them for just haircuts and one time saw a girls hair turn bright orange from coloring- she was devastated). I vowed to never go to one for coloring. Someone else can be the guinea pig:) I'll post a picture after I'm done getting the color and cut!

2 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

I keep mine quite short these days, although am growing it out for now.

Good luck!

Amy

kg said...

Good luck, looking forward to seeing the pictures...be adventurous!