Monday, October 6, 2008

No More Pacifier!

This is the last photo with Dallin and his pacifier! He had fallen asleep in the highchair recently. Last week, I was putting him to bed and I couldn't find a pacifier. I was too tired to do a thorough search of the house, so I just layed him down. I was surprised that he was too sleepy to put up much of a fight. The next day, I saw a pacifier, but hid it since I was so happy that he didn't need it. This continued throughout the week and he hasn't been really asking for it! One night he did wake up and put his hands to his mouth and cried like he missed his pacifier. It broke my heart, but I just held him and settled him down and he went back to sleep. I didn't give in! Really, he was just very easy to break of the habit. I'm sure there are many kids who would not have given it up so easy!

2 comments:

Angie said...

He looks so peaceful when he sleeps. That is great that you got him weened off of it. My nephew is almost 3 and still has one!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Julie, I am surprised it was not harder, that is great it was so easy!!!!!