Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh Happy Day! I'm a CNA!

I passed my state exams to be a Certified Nursing Assistant! I set this goal over two years ago, and I finally got the courage up to take the state exam- two days before it expired. I was really scared of passing things off in front of an Registered Nurse. Go figure. I can speak infront of hundreds without notice, but I was freaked out about the skills portion of the exam. I didn't know that two students get tested together at the same time which makes it less threatening. I also had a really easy senario to have to perform. I could have done the harder ones, but it was the luck of the draw. I'm so happy! I will be certified for two years and can go to work in Nursing Homes, Home Health Care, Rehabilitative/Restorative Therapy places, Assisted living facilities, or Hospitals if they allow new CNA's. There are always jobs available for this kind of work and the projection is that it will increase as baby boomers retire and need help. I could now apply for nursing school if I wanted. But don't worry. I'm not doing anything right now but running my day care business! Hope your day goes well!

5 comments:

Denise G said...

Great news. You need to celebrate!!!

Mama Nirvana said...

Congratulations, Julie! You should feel really proud.

Amy

Heidi C. said...

Congratulations! That is exciting. You will be such a great CNA.

kg said...

Congrats!!!

Ditto Family said...

Way to go!!! Birch worked as a CNA all through college.