Monday, July 14, 2008

My parents house.....

Most of you know that my parents are planning to move soon. They have been working very hard the past couple of months and tonight the house will be put on the market! This brings mixed emotions. I wish I could go back and get a last chance to say goodbye to it. It might very well take a while to sell so maybe I could still see it before it sells. But a part of me doesn't need to go and say goodbye since I have 28+years of memories. I've changed and been through so much but my parents house has always been the same except for the minor decorating changes. Besides, it's the people who live in the house that makes the home. I have an awesome family and they are always there for me. My parents may move but I always know that were they are, I am loved.
The other part of my mixed emotions is that my parents and my sister are moving closer to us! They will hopefully find a place here in Utah- although they keep their eyes and ears open for places in Albany, OR or Bend, OR. As my dad ages, he is needing a better job that isn't so physically draining for him. He thinks there are more of those positions here in Utah. We shall see what comes their way soon. By the way, Kristi is already taking the big leap and moving here at the end of the week. She will stay with Randy and Katie until she finds an apartment and a good job near Provo. All of my family will be getting together in Rexburg this Thursday to see Rob graduate from BYU-Idaho. Then we will be doing some family temple work in the new Rexburg Temple. From there, Kristi will travel back with Randy and Katie to Provo to live! Big changes are ahead for all of us as we become closer as a family. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I've always been envious of my friends who's parents still live in Corvallis. I hardly ever have a reason to go there and it's such a beautiful place. Good luck to your parents and their new venture. My parents are currently in the process of moving from Utah to Texas. YAY!

Mama Nirvana said...

How exciting to have your parents closer! It has been hard now that my parents don't live in Corvallis, but we make due.

Cute picture, Julie!

Amy

kg said...

wow! Lots of fond memories there! Love the pic!