Friday, July 25, 2008

Rexburg Temple in Daylight

I am excited to bring you some photos of the Rexburg, Idaho Temple. All of our Temples are special places of worship for those who attend The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Each one is dedicated as a House of God where one can go to feel His presence and receive instruction for their daily lives. It is a place of peace where you can escape the pressures of the world and focus on eternal things. Cell phones are turned off and we talk in soft tones- no loud laughter is heard here. Each piece of furnishing from the art work to the seating, from the wood work to the ceiling is finely crafted and inspired in order to draw our attention to God and the gifts he has given us. I once had one of the temple decorators in my ward in Utah. His job was to travel to the temples being built and carefully choose the furnishings for each one he was assigned too. He was a young, humble family man that wasn't flamboyant in his speech or dress. You would never think by looking at him that his job was of such an important nature. To decorate a House of God would be the ultimate interior decorating experience. We can each make our homes a place where God would be welcome. It will be as close to decorating a temple that I will get in this life! I hope you enjoy seeing these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. It seemed the temple was just basking in the summer sun and wanting to be captured in photos! I have some awesome sunset photos that I took a day later. I can't wait to show those!

2 comments:

kg said...

Great pics, beautiful temple!

Linda said...

It was such an awesome weekend spent with our children and grandchildren! Family is so important and to be able to go through the temple for my Mom and be sealed to my parents eternally is one of the greatest blessings I have received in this life. This weekend spent in Rexburg, Idaho will be a cherished memory in my mind forever.