Thursday, July 31, 2008

Amy's Meme

Besides your family, what is your most prized possession? My house. If you were on death row, what would your last meal be? A deep dish canadian bacon and pinapple pizza with some sort of vanilla ice cream with chocolate, peanuts and wafflecone. At a party, would you be hiding in the corner or hanging out at the punch bowl talking it up? And, what food item would your bring to the party? I am usually around the punch bowl yaking about anything and everything. I like to bring chips and/or pop if it is a casual party. Rootbeer and Sun Chips are a couple of my favorites. If it is a fancier party I like to make a dessert such as pumpkin pie during the holidays or Linda's Delight which has a layer of crust, a layer cream cheese and whipped cream and another layer of chocolate pudding. It is topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with walnuts. Just heavenly! What is the most "girly" thing about you? I never leave home without makeup on. Unless it was like last week when I forgot that I didn't have any on when we arrived at Toys-R-Us. I look like a ghost without it! What is your favorite piece of furniture in your home? It's a toss up between my big dining room table and my antique piano. The piano is a diamond in the rough that needs to be restored. It is extreemly heavy since it is an upright made in the 1800's. It has a big brass soundboard in the back and it takes about 4 strong men to lift it. It has never been tuned since we moved from California to Utah 7 years ago. The dining table is huge and can seat ten people around it when the two leaves are in. We use it to play games on, the kids color and paint on it, we eat our meals at it and we can sit and chat around it when visitors come around. What is most likely to be painted -- your toes or your fingers? My toes- they last several weeks. My fingers are rarely painted since I use them so much that the polish wears off too fast. I would rather have nicely trimmed nails and use my hands a lot, then have nicely painted nails and never do any work. For some odd reason I like to weed with my bare hands and that ruins nail polish! If I was going to buy you a bottle of Bath and Bodyworks lotion, what scent would you want? It's been a while since I've scoped out the different lotions, but I know I like the cucumber mellon scent. Do you like to nap? If so, how often do you get to during the week? I try to get a nap when all of the kids are sleeping. I can sneak in about 1 1/2 hours 4 times a week including Saturday and Sunday. Do you have a place in your house where you "hide"? A place where you can have a long phone conversation with a friend without interruption? Where is your quiet place? If I need a break I can go to my room which is on the second floor and I can lock the door if needed. Most of the time I am downstairs on the main level and I hardly get a break unless Ryan is home. At this point in your life, are you living the life you imagined back when you were in high school/college? My life right now is different than I imagined- some of it good and some not so good. I have more things than I thought I would have such as a big house and large yard. I never imagined having hundreds of snakes in my basement! I never thought I would live in Utah since I was raised in Oregon. I thought my family would all be active in our religion- which Ryan is not but he still believes in it. I thought I would have three kids by the time I was 25. Well, that came and went and I was lucky to have three kids by the time I was 30. That was because of our choosing to not have any more for a while after Tyler and Sydney were born so that we could take care of many other issues that needed attention. I really needed to grow up and become more responsible. I didn't know I would develop Generalized Anxiety or that I had ADD (Inattentive Type) thoughout my life. I think that I've been very surprised at how my life has turned out. I think I'm a much better person for all of the tough things I've endured. Would you ever get plastic surgery? What would you have done? This is a sensitive issue but here is the truth- I would have breast augmentation. I don't know if I would actually do it though. What have you accomplished (besides having children) that you feel most proud of? I guess I am most proud of taking a Certified Nursing Assistant class at an Applied Technology College while I was working part-time doing childcare and pregnant. I finished my clinicals when I was seven-months pregnant. I passed the class with a 97% on my final exam and got high A out of it. I couldn't find the time to study well for the actual state test since I was soooo pregnant and watching a two and four year old. Then, I was having tachycardia but was told it would probably go away after the baby was born. My heart rate then was 120 beats per minute ALL of the time. It was like running a marathon all day long- I was so tired. We figured it was the Strattera but I was unwilling to quit that in order to keep my head on straight to help my marriage. Then Dallin was born 6 weeks early so I couldn't study for the State test. I still have until September to take the exam without having to retake the entire class over again. I am wanting to take it in August.

1 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

Thanks, Julie! It's great to learn more about you.

Amy