Monday, August 4, 2008

Adopting a Motto or Two

My childhood friend Heidi S has been offering some great support for me as I try to stick to my goal of loosing 40 lbs. There are a couple of sayings that she has written in my comments section that are exactly what I need to hear at this time! The first one she said that really stuck in my head is "You can do this". It is so true- all I have to do is make up my mind to do something and I can usually find a way. It doesn't happen easily or all at once. Sometimes it is hard and takes a while to accomplish. This brings me to the next saying that she wrote "You can do hard things". It's very interesting that she wrote this because I was reminded of this very saying on Saturday. I was mowing the lawn and thinking about my blog and my goals. I remembered that my Aunt Suzie once told me a story about her son and how she would tell him that he could do hard things. She then told me that I could too. I really took that saying to heart and made it through some rough times that I was going through. Now, today I checked the comment section and Heidi was inspired to tell it to me. It has come full circle and now I feel the need to make these sayings my personal mottos. So, I will put them on the side of my blog to help myself remember them and whenever any of you visit- you can think about them as well! Thanks Heidi!

3 comments:

kg said...

Julie, what a brave place to post your weight loss goals. Good luck! I have always struggled in this area, but have found running to be my greatest outlet. I am not built like a runner, nor am I fast...but is (I think the best) excersice physically, mentally and can be spiritual. As I am working at this same goal now, it will be fun to check in on you...

Julie said...

Wow, I tried running a couple of weeks ago and couldn't get around the block without having to slow down to a walk. That is something I will have to work up to. I do like to feel the wind in my hair as I run! I tried running/walking late in the evening- like 10:00 pm so no neighbors would see me! Now that I don't have early morning kiddos coming, maybe I can try doing this in the morning when it is cooler.

Denise G said...

Your comment about doing hard things reminded me of a couple comments I carried on my mind daily for a couple of month while doing a particularly hard calling at church. It was the Stk RS pres who gave them to me in an auxillary training meeting. Here they are I love them:

Life is hard, but I can do hard things.

And

I am too blessed to be stressed and too annointed to be disappointed.