Friday, August 22, 2008

Tagged!

I was tagged by Heidi! Rules Once Tagged:1) Link to the person who tagged you.2) Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6).3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post.5. Let them know they are tagged and leave a comment on their blog.6) Let the tagger (who tagged you) know when your post is up. Random things about me:

  1. I know nothing about HTML! (I can copy and paste things in order to change my blog though!) If I did, I would make sure I had correct spacing between my paragraphs and whatever else. Any help here is greatly appreciated! I did figure out how to use the button for making lists like this.
  2. My life is flown by the seat of my pants (so-to-speak). I'm not an orderly person- but I do admire people who are. I am impulsive in some ways but I manage to stay out of major trouble.
  3. My daughter is going through a "Princess Diaries" faze and is watching the same 2 movies with Anne Hathaway over and over again. What does this have to do with me? I'll tell you- I learn a lot from good movies like these! I think everyone has an inner princess just dying to come out. I think we all need to feel important to someone. Maybe we want to feel important to a lot of people! When we follow our heart- we are more likely to be influential to others.
  4. I love animals. If I go to a persons house and their dog comes up barking, I lean down and offer the back of my hand to them. If they respond nicely, I will attempt to pet the dog and tell the owner that it's okay the dog is barking and that I love animals. I'm so bad that if a dog is in a car with the window rolled down a little, I will attempt to get the animals attention and just observe how the animal reacts. Some dogs react ferociously, others act interested and seem to beg for attention. I may say to the dog- "Hi pup" or something similar and then go on with my business. I don't pet dogs while they are in someones car. I like my fingers!
  5. My claim to fame is that I am related to the Crocodile Hunter's wife- Terri Irwin. She was born and raised in Eugene, Oregon and we have the same Great- Great Grandpa or something. My mom can trace the linage and is in contact with her since my mom is in charge of that side of the families' genealogy. I like to say that it's in my blood somewhere to marry someone who likes reptiles and to have many animals. We literally have hundreds since we raise the mice to feed the hundreds of snakes Ryan works with. My daughter hasn't met Bindi Sue yet, even though she came with her mom and brother to a reunion a few years back. I think those two would be like two peas in a pod since they both love animals. Sydney and Bindi are just a year apart in age.
  6. When I was in high school I seriously thought about starting a Badminton club. I thought I was pretty good at it in P.E. and it didn't require endless running. I have bad knees and that kept me from playing basketball and soccer. Now Badminton is in the Olympics and I really feel bad I didn't keep up with the sport. (Are you laughing yet? I am!) We recently got a cheap badminton set for the backyard. Sydney took to it quickly and wanted to play it daily. I found out how out of shape I was. It was a good work out! I was just thinking the other day, how could I get to the next Olympics in London? Maybe I need to take up badminton again!

I now tag Ann, Anne, Katie, Kendra, Denise and Heidi C. (it doesn't count if Jared does it!).

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Julie you're such a great person. I'm glad there are people like you around who loves animals so much. I like them if they don't jump on me sniff me or leave any messes.
I love Born Free. Have you ever seen the movie that goes to the song?
I'm glad you're finding your inner princess. I think it's a big part of being a girl. You are loved Julie. Oh and can I join your badmitten team? My sister Andrea is really good.

Julie said...

Heidi- I have seen the movie but it has been many years! I'm glad I've got a teammate or two now! Now, we just need to hold practices somewhere in between Texas and Utah- Arizona perhaps! How about every other weekend? IN MY DREAMS!