Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday Weigh In

I've decided to start a "Wednesday weigh in" so that I have a time frame to work in and then I report on how I've done. This way, if you are interested in my healthy eating, you only have to check the blog once a week. The rest of the time I will post whatever I feel like! So, to start off, I've lost 5 lbs!!! I started my quest to eat healthy and exercise more often about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I've been eating just about 1500 calories a day I think. It is more than the recommended 1300 calories that slimfast wants me to eat. I figured why not start out a little easier and not cause such a shock to my system. I still desire to eat fast food, but I also just want to eat more veggies- to fill me up! I think it takes a while to "shrink" your stomach so that you don't need so much food to "feel" full. I still have the remnants of a major cold and it may be turning into a sinus infection. This makes it harder to want to eat better. I added a few calories last night by making a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup before bed. I did that to help loosen my congestion. It seemed to help. Well, I hope I can get rid of this before I need to get antibiotics.

4 comments:

kg said...

Way to go!! It's hard work...I know :)

Heidi said...

WOW Julie...thats awesome. See it pays off. Just remember its ok to cheat now and then. One thing that really helped me was when i dit have something not too healthy I wouldn't just give up and eat the whole house and say I'll start again on monday. I just started fresh right then.
By the way...I tagged you.
heidimamaof4.blogspot.com

Denise G said...

Way to go. Five pounds is alot. Any suggestions on decreasing appetite, send them my way. The more I think about eating less the hungrier I feel. Keep going, I love you updates.

Danger Womun said...

Great Job, Julie! The first 2-3 weeks are definitely the hardest. Keep going. You can do hard things.