Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday Weigh In

I've decided to start a "Wednesday weigh in" so that I have a time frame to work in and then I report on how I've done. This way, if you are interested in my healthy eating, you only have to check the blog once a week. The rest of the time I will post whatever I feel like! So, to start off, I've lost 5 lbs!!! I started my quest to eat healthy and exercise more often about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I've been eating just about 1500 calories a day I think. It is more than the recommended 1300 calories that slimfast wants me to eat. I figured why not start out a little easier and not cause such a shock to my system. I still desire to eat fast food, but I also just want to eat more veggies- to fill me up! I think it takes a while to "shrink" your stomach so that you don't need so much food to "feel" full. I still have the remnants of a major cold and it may be turning into a sinus infection. This makes it harder to want to eat better. I added a few calories last night by making a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup before bed. I did that to help loosen my congestion. It seemed to help. Well, I hope I can get rid of this before I need to get antibiotics.

4 comments:

kg said...

Way to go!! It's hard work...I know :)

Heidi said...

WOW Julie...thats awesome. See it pays off. Just remember its ok to cheat now and then. One thing that really helped me was when i dit have something not too healthy I wouldn't just give up and eat the whole house and say I'll start again on monday. I just started fresh right then.
By the way...I tagged you.
heidimamaof4.blogspot.com

The Gatherums said...

Way to go. Five pounds is alot. Any suggestions on decreasing appetite, send them my way. The more I think about eating less the hungrier I feel. Keep going, I love you updates.

Shay said...

Great Job, Julie! The first 2-3 weeks are definitely the hardest. Keep going. You can do hard things.