Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pumkins in August?

Well, I got ahead of myself this year and planted the pumpkins a little early. It really was an experiment to see if any of our old seeds from previous years would manage to grow. Well, they worked! We had a carving type pumpin grow and the type you can make pie with. Ryan and I planted about six different types of tomatoes and they are growing well. I haven't been as diligent with fertilizer and bug killer so some of the plants are looking anemic and the squash eating bugs are taking over the zuchinni now. The corn has been good to eat and the grapes are just starting to ripen. Earlier, the snap peas were yummy. We've had some apples, peaches and raspberries and a boat load of Shiro plums. The strawberries were not watered well enough and so the morning glory took over the bed. Really, I've been very busy with the child care business so I haven't been out in the yard enough. Here is a picture of our still growing garden!

3 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

Wow -- I'm so jealous! Our yard is too shady for a garden. Looks great!

Amy

Angie said...

Your garden looks great and Im jealous all the stuff you have already gotten from it!

kristin said...

I'm really impressed too!