Friday, August 15, 2008

Been on vacation....

.....and we just got back. I have many photos to edit and stories to write but they will have to wait since my house is a mess. Camping in a small tent with five people for two nights w/o showers means two things. 1. You will be very dirty. 2. You will be very tired. I am both of those plus one more- I got a cold the day we left! I knew it was going to be a doozy when taking two ibuprofen only took the edge off the sore throat. I used a nasal spray decongestant and sucked it up so that our family could have a good camping experience together. It turned out to be a great trip. Ryan, Tyler and Sydney fished everyday. Both of the older kids said it was the best camping experience they ever had and they actually thanked Ryan and I a number of times for taking them. Awwww. I'm so glad I went. Dallin and I both came down with the same cold but Dallin was a couple of days ahead of me. It's hard to judge just how sick a toddler is. Since I was not feeling great, I just hunkered down with Dallin when the wind picked up at the lake. He actually wanted to take naps in the van in his car seat since it was familiar to him. This ended up being a great way to get out of the wind that would occasionally whip up. Hear I go telling a story when I should be getting to bed- it's 11:15 pm. Tomorrow I will be mowing the lawn and the doing the grocery shopping for the week as well as washing a ton of clothing to get out the campfire smell. Gotta love the smell of a good campfire- but I don't like smelling it on my clothes when I get home. For now it's bed time!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Yay for camping! I went this last week too and it was so fun. I even saw a moose just sitting on a camp chair by the fire he came out for a drink. I hate the packing to go and coming home to laundry but its a great time to be out in nature away from work and the phone! angie

Julie said...

We saw some too! I can't wait to find the time to get my pictures edited!